Sponsored messages are now being tested by telegram in their
Sponsored messages are now being tested by telegram in their messaging platform
Some more information about the upcoming sponsored messages feature appeared on the official localization platform.
What is currently known:
- Sponsored messages is advertisement from the Telegram itself, not the channel admins.
- Advertisers can select channels they want to show their message on.
- Sponsored messages are an experiment for now and are being tested.
- For the testing period, only Telegram will make a profit from the advertising.
- As soon as Telegram will cover its main spends, the profit will be shared with participating channels owners too.
- In future the messenger website will have a panel for buying ads.
- Sponsored messages are located below all the channel posts (you need to swipe down to see it).
- According to Telegram's announcements, the ads won't be targeted and will not contain external links.
Sponsored messages requirements in Telegram
A Russian channel called Durov's Code found out about upcoming requirements for sponsored messages in Telegram. The rules are going to be distinctively strict and are aimed to allow only high quality promotions.
- Sponsored messages can contain only text.
- Maximum post length — 160 symbols.
- The post mustn't contain external links.
- Only a single post per channel which is going to be displayed at the bottom after reading all the recent posts of the channel.
- Moderation rules and requirements will be way more strict compared to other platforms.