Assigning a new owner of a group or telegram channel when de
Assigning a new owner of a group or telegram channel when deleting the original owners account
The Telegram Team Twitter account wrote about a new protocol that has been introduced into the messenger, responsible for the transfer of ownership rights over a channel or group chat. This process occurs if the account of their former owner was deleted.
Transfer of rights in channels
• Ownership is transferred to one of the administrators who has permission to publish messages.
• The presence of other rights increases the likelihood of transfer.
• If the administrator cannot publish messages, he won't be able to become the new owner of the channel.
Transfer of rights in groups
• The key factor is the right to add new administrators.
• The presence of other rights increases the chances for the property transfer.
• If there are no administrators left in the group, the participant who joined the chat before the others can become the owner.
The protocol also has nuances: the system may not transfer ownership for security reasons.